/dokumentarkiv/bilder/utvecklingsplan_2025_reva_lod_stor.jpg Our hope is that a deeper fairway will be available from 2019, and open the port for larger vessels. We have therefore reserved areas for the continuing expansion of the port, with more quays and increased storage capacity. We also offer land for industrial purposes linked to port activities and marine operations.
- Deepening of the shipping lane from 8,5 metres (9,5 metres with exemptions) to 11 metres draught.
- Additional quays for larger vessels.
- Continued expansion of warehousing and storage areas.
- Investment in stormwater system, to protect the environment.
- Investment in conveyor belts from the quay for loading/unloading in/out straight from the warehouse/storage area for more efficient an environmetally-friendly handling of wood pellets and wood chips.
- Possible restart of schedule traffic with Ro-Ro and container vessels.
- Soon to be completed, improvements to road 288, for safer and more environmentally-friendly transports.
- Continued improvements of the railway Örbyhus-Dannemora-Port of Hargshamn.
Development plans for 2025